Leiberstung belonged to the Margraviate Baden-Baden. The community held a special position within the Union of Offices: in 1775 the Office Steinbach was subdivided into the Staffs of Steinbach and Sinzheim and while the village was administered by this Office, it was not subordinate to it. When the Magistracy Yburg was instituted, the village of Leiberstung was administered through this Office. In 1803 the Office Buehl was established and when the Office Steinbach was dissolved in 1819, the village was placed under the Office Buehl.
An impressed seal of the community stemming from the first decade of the 19th century shows a half moon in a crowned coat of arms. The colors of gold and red are symbolic of the community once belonging to the Margraviate of Baden-Baden.