[ Baden Soellingen ]

Buehl
Buehl is mentioned for the first time in a certificate dated 1283. This document was from the cloister Schwarzach and indicates that the village was the property of the Earls von Eberstein. The village was sold by Earl Wolf yon Eberstein to the Margrave Rudolf Vii von Baden-Baden in 1387 and divided into the Badische (north of the Buehlot) and Windeckissche (south of the Buehlot) areas, which were free imperial fiefdoms. In i403 King Ruprecht von der Pfalz awarded the Knight, Reinhard von Windeck, market privileges for the village and these privileges were confirmed in I438 and 1481 by Emperor Albrecht II and Friedrich III. Again in 1404, the Ebersteinische fiefs of the Windecker, which included the village of Buehl, reverted to the House of Baden-Baden and the village was, from that date till 1791, always referred to as one of the eight Offices of the central Margraviate of Baden. In i79i the house of Baden ceased and the village, following a rearrangement of government in the area, became the seat of the Superior Office of Yberg. This was followed in i835 by the Grand-Duke Leopold declaring the village to be a town and having all the privileges that were associated with this status. In 1934, Kappelwindeck was united with the town and, in the 1970s, the town was declared a district seat and took over the administration of the towns; Weitenung, Altschweier, Moos, Vimbuch, Eisental, Balzhofen, Oberbruch, Neusatz and Oberweier.


[ Baden Remembered | Forty Years ]