View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 CFNS 

Post CFNS
Did anybody in here work at the TV/Radio station in Baden?The reason I am asking is when I was there,86-88, the only TV we had in Weitnung was the recorded stuff that was sent to us from Canada.Very limited. But there was something that they did that I really liked and remember to this day.They used to play these little vignettes of the local scenery, towns and whatever, and they played music in the background. It was simple guitar music, acoustic, not electric. But the songs were really nice, and I have always wanted to try and find out if anybody knew what those recordings were. Even better would be to find out what they did with the vignettes themselves. Stored them somewhere, destroyed them, what? I know this might be an impossible task, but if anyone knows anything about them, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. :D
Randy

Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:26 pm

I worked at both CFNS Radio and TV when I was over there from 80-85. The Tv station had very little in the way of live programming..occasional hockey game, newscast in the evening, and the Xmas message home was done in there studio...everything else was taped. I remember the vignettes...but also have no idea what happened to them. I know CFNS radio was largely under the auspices of CBC. You might want to try their archives to see if there was anything kept. Or maybe DPERA, at NDHQ. Personally, I'd love to get ahold of the old alert recall sounder from the radio station, but so far I've had no joy either

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Post CFNS
I volunteered at CFNS from 76 - 79; hosted during training, Afternoon in Baden, some noon hour shows and later Nashville Sounds and adopted Country Classics from Gord Cordick when he repatted.
I do have some of my final shows on tape as well as Bill Hatch's last show before he returned to Canada.
I was sad to hear of Harry Stone's passing; what a great guy he was and cared about his station as techy and his volunteers (he was so patient).
I still have my CBC radio passes and often wonder if they would work getting into some events today; I have never tried.
I really loved volunteering at CFNS and have some wonderful memories.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Post CFNS TV STATION
I worked at the TV Station 1986-1987 - my first job was to change the video tapes in the Weitenung PMQ's everyday. I would have to drive from the base to Weitenung with a box filled of tapes and go in the basement of 2 or 3 building appartments to change the tapes.
A few months later I got promoted to cue and play the tapes for the base PMQ's - I loved that job. I also used to be part of a weekly show called: A Truc ou Deux where I would present or explain some facts about cooking - fashion - etc.... gee I was a STAR then.
The tapes you are referring to were produced by Guylaine ??? and Nicole Godin. They used to go out, videotape our wonderful surrounding and make short film out of these outing taping. The most hilarious one they ever produced was the 1987 spring Rain season were it rained and rained for days and water was running like a river on the street in front of the TV station. They had the camera rolling for almost a whole day and you see personel walking and being flooded by car coming by.
I would love to get a copy of these tapes - God know where they ended up after the base closure. Life is full of wondeful memories that fade away or simply disapear and these tapes are just an exemple.
Should anyone get information on these tapes please let us know

Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]