View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Flashback 
Site Admin

Post Flashback
Good morning……….my name is Marc Routhier and I lived in Baden-Baden in the 60’s………..i read your e-mail and it brought back so many memories……like taking the bus onto the base to school and singing Beatle songs like….. I want to hold your hand and She Loves you………our principal on the base was Mr. Dodds and he was also the goalie for the 4Wing Raiders…………as kids we always played on the bunkers and liked to go for hikes in the Black Forest………what a beautiful place that was………..right out of a fairy tale……….i think grade 5 was in the pmq area or the high school and I remember my teacher was Mrs. Livingston ……..I played hockey as a Mosquito and my brother Dennis was a Bantam……we also played Baseball which was just outside the base as you drove in…..i was friends with Jeffrey Foss….the Marks brother whose parents were killed coming back from a dance in 3 Wing…..they were camping with us In Kiel when the police showed up and took the kids……that was a bad day ……………… my dad was Cpl. Roger Routhier and he worked in the M.E. section…………both he and my mom Rita where avid curlers, they’ve more trophies…….my dad also played hockey for the CPLS CLUB…….you’ve brought back so many memories for me thanks…..i wish I had pictures but that’s all with my parent who by the way live in Ottawa……..if you get a chance please get back to me….who knows, we could have been in the same class or crowd……… this is in response to Suzan Appleby who left an e-mail some time ago……….if anyone remembers any of this please do not hesitate to respond

Sonja
for Marc Routhier

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]