View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Jeff Palmeruk 

Post Jeff Palmeruk
It is with great sorrow that I inform you of the passing of Jeff Palmeruk on Saturday the 24th of January in Edmonton. Jeff worked for 1 AMS in Baden in the Mid 80's and was a volounteer member of the ski patrol. Jeff retired from the forces in Cold Lake but managed to get work in the EME section as a civilian. He will be greatly missed

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 am

Jeff was one of the finest Air Force spark chasers whom I had the pleasure to work with in Baden-Soellingen, Cold Lake and many, many deployments with 441 Tac F Sqn. I still remember him and I looking for ghosts on the ship, Queen Mary in San Diego. Ended up in a bar at the aft of the bateau with Ken Potts and some other good friends. We had some most excellent times at the Marie Lake campsites Friday thru to Sunday. Boy, was it rough going to work on Monday. Damned BoD. Jeff, I will miss you dearly as do so many whose lives you affected with your positive manner. Auf Wiedersehen mein Freund. Wild Bill sends.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:45 am

Jeff was such a great guy and a fun person to be around. The ski weeks in Austria were awsome and all the parties were great. He was the life of many great events. Jeff was a good friend and he will be sadly missed by many ppl. May you rest in peace my friend.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:34 am
Profile E-mail

Yes Jeff will be greatly missed had some great times together in Baden. We hoisted a few brewskys together and skied some great slopes. Watch out for the hevenly moguls Jeff Rest in peace.

Ralph

Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Post Jeff's Passing
Very sad news indeed. Jeff was, as stated in an earlier reply" the best Spark chaser around". Jeff was handed a raw deal during those ugly "downsizing days of the CF" along with many other fine servicemen and women whose only fault was being at the wrong gates at the right time and were given release "Thanks for coming out" notices, but turned it into a great opportunity vice dwelling on it. I served with Jeff for most of my career in Cold Lake, Baden and Cold Lake again and stayed in touch right up until my departure to the States 18 months ago during frequent TD's back to Cold Lake, and his passing caught me completely unawares. He was fun to be with and would give you the shirt off his back. Ramona and I pass our condolences on to his family and the myriad of friends - both in the Service and out. Jeff - rest in peace and watch over the rest of us.

A very good friend
Tom "Tommy Tomato" Wilson

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks Bucky for the news...as sad as it is. I had some great ski trips with Jeff, in our Baden days and find it hard to fathom he's gone.
A sad day has passed for those who crossed such a nice guys' path.
God speed Jeff!!!!
John Chartrand

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]