View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Passing of Dan Houlahan 
Post Passing of Dan Houlahan
I wanted to let anyone out there that would remember my Brother Dan Houlahan know that he passed away very suddenly October 22nd at the age of 48. This has been a difficult time for our family but Dan would want us to remember him with a smile.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:45 pm
Post Re: Passing of Dan Houlahan
I am sorry to hear about your brother Dan,I served with him many years ago.he was always a lot of fun to be around.
Pro Patria

Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:01 pm
I remember going to school with your brother Jeff. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:58 am
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your brother, Dan. I went to school and was a friend of Dan's brother, Jeff. May you take solice in your many loving friends and family right now, and be comforted by many memories of your brother.

Warm regards,

Alison

Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:34 pm
Thank you so much to all for the wonderful notes of condolence. Just to clarify, Jeff and Tim Houlahan are cousins of Dan and Patti Houlahan. I know this was always confusing. So many Houlahan's to remember from Germany!

Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:37 pm
Patti, I was very saddened to hear the news of Dan's passing. I have many fond memories of Dan from our High School years, but the one I guess that stands out most vividly in my memory is when he ran for student's council president. "If you vote for me my Mom will be so proud". Take Care. /Terri

Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:31 pm
Hi Patti. I went to school with your cousin Tim in Lahr before he moved to Baden. Where is he now? Say hi for me next time you speak. Thanks

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:02 am
Patti, Dan's sudden passing comes as such a shock. It seems like only yesterday, that we were living in Germany, full of youth, invincible, the world at our feet, and the future ours for the taking. My heartfelt condolence to you and the Houlahan family for your loss. I'm sure I won't be the only one to offer Dan one last "auf wiedersehen"... until we meet again.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:12 am

Post Dan
Hey Patti , sorry to hear about Dan, we had some good times back in the Baden Days

Fri May 02, 2008 6:15 pm
Post Dan's Passing
Chris Phillips here, sorry to hear about Dan's passing. Dan worked for me in the Baden Grocery Store when I was the manager of the Baden Grocery Store warehouse (77-80). Dan always had a smile on his face and no matter how much Gerry (Last) and I tormented him we could not break him. I remember this one particular incident we made Dan clean the walk-in freezer -short straw and no one ever wanted to do that job (in the warehouse) . Dan got kitted out in the huge parka and winter pants and actually started the job in the morning and in the afternoon I thought I better check on him as I had not seen him (even for lunch which he NEVER missed), anyway there's Dan still in the freezer 6 hours later and drunk as skunk. Apparently (much to our surprise) one of the old German workers (not Franz) had a stash of schnapps hidden in the back of the freezer which I guess was used for medicinal purposes (Ya right) and Dan found it and drank it all ...funny did not once ever complain about being cold. Around 3 in the afternoon I found in the freezer laying on the bed he made out of pizza boxes and icecream sipping away on his newly discovered anti-cold remedy just shitfaced.

Anyway that was one of the fond memories I have of Dan. Hope it brings a smile to your life in this sad time of your family's loss.

my sincere condelences Captain Chris Phillips

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:47 am
Chris, Thank you for the wonderful storey of Dan. Somehow this just doesn't surprise me at all! hahaha.... I love to hear memories from his friends, cooworkers, school mates etc. It keeps him alive and as we all know, Dan was bigger than life! I appreciate your note and your condolences. It has been a difficult year for us, his wife and his two beautiful sons.

I don't know if I had ever met you, although your name sounds familiar? I am a couple of years older than Dan and left Germany in 1978 while he remained with our parents. If you have any more memorable stories I would love to hear them. phoulaha@telus.net.

Thank you again and hope all is well in your world. Patti

Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]