View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 England swings like a pendulum do 

Post England swings like a pendulum do
A couple of weeks ago I had the good fortune to once again visit London, the site of many of my field trips with my grade ten and grade thirteen students in Baden. While there, I had many reminiscences about the great kids (Abe Buckle, Karen Jones, Maralee, one of the Saulnier twins--sorry I can't remember the name--, Darren Cannell, Nancy Holmes, Earl Spry-- won't try to remember everyone--but I'd love to hear from any or all of you. Whatever, I wish all of you the best Christmas you've had since you left Baden. Cheers, Newbs

Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Post Field Trip To London
Hi Graeme
Long time no contact. I remember going with you to London. I think it was grade 11 or so. We went from Lahr and took "a flip" over on a Herc. We saw a live play or two and went to The Wax Museum and other typical touristy places. You still are in my mind as one of THE Coolest teachers at BSS. Have a wonderful Christmas. All the best to and your family for a Healthy,Happy, New Year.
Tim Greensill and Family

Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:18 am
Profile E-mail

Post been to london to see the queen
Mr. Newbigging

I went to London with you in 1977. I remember making submarine sandwiches to make money for the trip. We would sell them for two marks on Saturday mornings. It is hard to believe that it was so very long ago.

I was in London recently and had vivid memories of that school trip. Plays and museums and lots of walking.

I was fortunate to have you both as an English teacher and my homeroom teacher in 1977-78. I took grade 10 English with you. I still remember reading Romeo and Juliet. As Tim commented, you were one of the coolest of teachers. You were also, however, one of the best.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]