View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Marque Dandurand 

Post Marque Dandurand
I feel shame that it has taken me so long to respond to the news of Marque's passing, as he left us in February. I can only take refuge in the old cliche about better late than never.
I got to know Marque through hockey and the radio station. I went back to the base in 2001, and as I drove past the radio station, still operational, although by Germans, I swear I heard the laconic deadpan voice of my pal announcing "...we interrupt this song to announce the blue plate special at the Canex today is two pounds of butter for...". We had a lot of fun at CFNS, particularly playing elves to Santa, aka WO Bob Charlton, as long time readers of this site will already know. During the pet rock craze of the mid-seventies, Marque would have me as a guest on his show, introducing me as "Dr. Newbiggy, professor of Rockology". I would respond to (imaginary) questions sent in by listeners about problems with their pet rocks. Sample: Dr. Newbiggy, my pet rock gets car sick. What can I do. Answer--give it "gravel". Pathetic, but I guess you had to be there.
Marque and I did lots of silly things around the base, and all of it was great fun. I shall always treasure my memories of him, as an important part of the greatest time I ever had. He really was a fun-seeker.
My apologies and condolences to Jo, Tony, Tracy and Luc. Sorry this took so long.
Graeme Newbigging

Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]