View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The real Elf 
Post The real Elf
its time now to reveal who was santa's (Graeme Newbigging)elf leading up to xmas on the baden radio 1973-1977..Twas moi....still remember how the kids would get mad a santa if he wouldn't let me talk...imagine an english teacher being quiet...especially santa..all is well here and a special hello to all the baden Fun Seekers 1973-1977..i guess theres lots of parking spaces now at canex.....chow!

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:06 pm
Post Re: The real Elf
Laughing my ass off at parking spaces at Canex...I used to go on air and talk about the blue License plates and the parking spaces...it was a sore spot, but I was also hawled over the coals and told if I didn't stop picking on them, them would ship me home. WOW...that just made me laugh..great times on the air...81-85 here.

Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:45 pm
parking was really bad when they had a "blue Plate" (french car plates) at Canex...those were great years at Baden

Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:57 pm
No kidding, eh!!!

Remember the Cpl who punched out one of the French (blue plate) officers in our grocery store? The officer thought he should have first dibs on the last turkey (guess that's how they operate in Strasbourg) so he took it out of our Cpl's cart (being an officer and all, ahem) Our Cpl took it back, and the officer was stupid enough to attempt to retrieve it! He never knew what hit him!!
How are you anyway? Last time I saw you I was in Halifax on a visit and bumped into you near Peddlar's Pub!

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:57 pm
Just to clarify things a little, I did not play Santa Claus on CFNS despite looking almost exactly like him. Santa was done by a Warrant Officer named Bob Charlton, and I was his elf Jingles. Later on, Marque joined us as a second elf named Tinkerbelle. Bob took his job very seriously, and would get quite annoyed when Marque and I would get into arguments about who was going to ride on the sleigh and other such nonsense. All this of course in high falsetto. It was a great laugh, and from our involvement with the school and with kids hockey we were able to make some pretty personal comments to many of the kids who wrote to Santa. Great fun!

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:00 pm
If anyone wants to get in touch with Santa (Bob Charlton) he is in Calgary and I would be happy to forward any messages.
Rob (his son)

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:27 pm

[quote="Rob Charlton"]If anyone wants to get in touch with Santa (Bob Charlton) he is in Calgary and I would be happy to forward any messages.
Rob (his son)

[/Hi Rob,
Please convey my best wishes to your dad. It was so much of a laugh playing one of his elves on CFNS. He was an imposing figure around the base, and I remember him very well. I hope he, and you, have the jolliest of Christmasses, and hoist a glass or two to those wonderful days we all shared in Baden. Just sign me "Jingles"quote]

Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]