View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Passing of Reverend Art Flath (LCOL Rtd) 
Post Passing of Reverend Art Flath (LCOL Rtd)
It is with a very heavy heart that I notify everyone that my father, Art Flath, passed away peacefully from his long bout with cancer in his home Monday 1 October am, surrounded by friends and family. He was blessed with a wonderful life and more importantly went without regret and knowing that he had a great number of family, friends, acquaintances, parishioners and on and on who cared and respected him for his generosity, personality, love of life and caring attitude. My mother, Joy, is doing well all things considered and is being overwhelmed with the outpouring of peoples hearts since the news has broken. We are holding a service for him Monday 8 October at St Peters military church in Belmont Park, Victoria, BC at 2:00pm.
He served as Base Chaplain in Baden from 1976 - 1980 then was in Lahr as Command Chaplain for Europe 1982 - 1984.
He has gone to a better place and will be missed!
Tim Flath
250-474-0425

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:42 am
Post Re: Passing of Reverend Art Flath (LCOL
Dear Tim,

So sorry to hear about the death of your Dad. He was a wonderful person and I remember him fondly as he really helped us in Germany when a good friend of my Dad's died.

Thinking of you,
Louise

Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:14 am
I remember Mr.Flath (Art) as being a very kind and level-headed man with a great sense of humour. I recall the time he ate a whole bulb of raw garlic and was going around "accidentally" breathing on everyone in the house. Hilarious! It was an honour and a privilege to have known him. Thanks to all the Flaths for their kindness and friendship all those many years ago in Baden. All the best.

Paul

Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:36 am
Tim your message says it all,he was a wonderful man and a loving padre.I will pass this on to my daughter Debbie,she went to school with you guys.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Tom Pieroway.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:52 pm
Tim, Sorry to hear of his passing.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:56 pm
On behalf of mysalf and family, our hearts are with you.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:39 pm
Post Re: Passing of Reverend Art Flath (LCOL *NM*

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:40 pm
Tim, I am saddened to hear of the passing of your father.
I will always remember him. Your father performed the double wedding ceremony for my sister Debbie and I in Baden in 1978. He blessed us both with wonderful marriges.
May he rest in peace.

Brenda

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:53 pm
Tim,

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Please pass on our condolences to you and your family. I can not imagine the pain that you are all feeling.

Wishing you all the best during this difficult time and we are truly sorry about sending this so late.

Don and Beth

Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]