View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 2007 Flyover 
Post 2007 Flyover
Hi Folks,

Well, its a fact. Another year is fast coming to a close and Irene and I are gearing up for our annual flyover to Baden to celebrate my upcoming birthday. Turning the big "52" this Oct 21st and just cannot think of a better place to celebrate it. Not as young as I use to be, but can still hold my own. It is hard to believe that I turned 21 years old while patrolling a bridge at midnight outside of Regensburg back in 1975. I can still remember the fog and the barn smells coming from the nearby village and the fields where we were deployed. The smells were still the same last year we left the Gasthause Strauß (does anyone remember the small Gasthause our the back gate in Schiftung on the way to Leiberstung?) after enjoying a nice Cordon Bleu and one or two Fürstenberg biers. And,I can still remember saddling up (APC 21A) and heading through Hugie around midnight to the Rastatt train station and eating breakfast in the boxcar the next am as we made our way cross country to the staging area. 3rd Mech Cdo - we were all certainly full of P&V back then, a tough time, but man, what a great time! We have been looking at last years pictures and reading all the the great posting on the website and just gotta go back. As I have commented in some of my previous posts, perhaps you owe it to yourself to do it at least (once) more eh. Maybe we might Prosit over a real bier this year!

Zum Whol to one and all!
Sgt Kirk Canning CD2

PS Hey Sandy, WOW! The Queen tape, 1985-86. Thanks for the memory and say hello for "Fast Freddie" and your Mum for me will ya!

Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]