View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Registration of Birth Abroad Certificate 
Author Message
Post Registration of Birth Abroad Certificate
Today I met with the Solicitor General John Les; the Ministerial Assistant to the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, Brian Sims; and I.C.B.C. (Insurance Corporation British Columbia) Driver Licensing Policy Manager, Jennifer Hall in regards having the R.B.A. (Registration of Birth Abroad Certificate) Form C15, put into the Provincial system as primary proof of citizenship status. While I am sorry to advice that their answer is "No" I have to agree with them.

Their reasons are as follows:

The RBA is between 30 and 60 years old. It is a hand typed document that is very easy to forge and thus creates a huge security risk. A driver's license is used as primary I.D. for many government applications. There is the intent to have all the provinces on board with same regulations as to driver's license applications due to the increased security measures.

The U.S. government is proposing a new program of a cross border driver's license. This license would enable one to drive across the border without a passport. The Registration of Birth Abroad would not be applicable for this application. While no one in the US Government is saying when this will happen the general consensus of opinion is before the end of this year.

All three at this meeting generally agreed that the solution is for all who have an RBA, but not the Citizenship Card; need to apply for a Citizenship Card ASAP. They will be in contact with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (C.I.C.) stressing the need for that agency to assist in broadcasting this fact.

For me, it is clear that they do not have the staff to handle the volume as it is. However, if the cross border license will come available then there will be a rush of applications for the citizenship card so it is best to do it now.

We all agreed that it is the best interests of those Brats in this SNAFU for us to get the message out that they need to apply for that Citizenship Card ASAP. The Province will help in any way to bring this to the public's attention. I will be contacting all the local newspapers here and attempting to go on radio talk shows and bring awareness to all. I would ask that if you have a radio talk show in your area that you do the same.

Plus if you could contact your local newspaper, find the appropriate reporter, explain the situation, get this published in print media.

Should you need assistance, I am willing to make myself available to share my findings and assist wherever I can.
604 541 9846

After that folks, we can do no more. I would ask you to remember that the $75 fee for the citizenship card is in reality a delayed payment as your parents never paid for your original birth certificate! I also will remind you that our success in getting the Federal Government to address this in less than one year, is in my opinion, because we kept this non political and didn't fire of any insults to them. So this is how I plan to continue on with this issue.
Christine Eden

Christine Eden

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:19 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF