View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Germany Trip 2007 
Post Germany Trip 2007
Greetings Badeners!

Been reading some great e-mails,so many people are interconnected having shared a special time together during their time in Baden. Anyone reading my previous entries will know that there have been a lot of changes since the base closed. Irene and I flew over for the close out; what a party and loads of sadness too. While alot of changed, alot remains the same too. The Rhein is still there, and flowing is the same direction, the Gruner Baum is still there althought painted a light pink. The small statue of the Hugie boy is outside the Rathaus and for those older Badeners who remember Tiffanys, it's still there too. The Sonne burned down (twice) but is being rebuilt. The good news is the food is still great (as is the beer & wine) and there is still lots to see and do. Maybe 2007 is the year you'll treat yourself for a week or two down memory lane. Prosit! Auf Weidersehen.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:46 pm
Post Re: Germany Trip 2007
Have booked a trip to Baden-Baden for next month 15th Jun 07.We live in Spain and are flying direct from Girona to Baden. Meeting my son whos coming from England who went to school in 4 Wing.
Staying at the Holiday Inn Baden. Really looking forward to a walk down memory lane.

Fri May 04, 2007 11:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]