View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 reaching out 
Post reaching out
My name is Colleen Devison. It was Peasley. I was married to broomball great Jim Peasley and we were there in /79-80. We lived in Ottersdorf and Huglsiem. Jim was a rigger and played broomball. Our daughter Rachel was born in Lahr in July of 79. I am trying to contact Kathy and or Henry Annibis and Dennis and or Linda Deveroux (Henry and Dennis were army, I believe they were Saint Pat's). Also had a few questions about the resturant (gunnerbaum?) in Huglsiem. Be Safe and happy, hope to hear from you...Colleen

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:04 am
Post Re: reaching out
Hi Colleen, I was stationed in 4 Wing(CFB Baden) from 1964-67; 1970-72 and 1980-82; I was also stationed in Lahr from 1969-70 and 1978-80. I spent many, many hours in the Gruenerbaum in Huegelsheim.My wife is from Rastatt, and her mother's cousin, Eugen Eberle owned and operated the Grunerbaum for much of the period that the base was in operation. He died at least 10 or 15 years ago.It is now operated by a couple from the former Yugoslavia, I believe, at least it still was in 2005. The meals are still great and the portions large. The exterior is now painted a mauve or pinkish colour. We holiday in Europe every two years or so and always visit the Gruenerbaum. We are going again in May of this year.Anything else you wish, don't hesitate to ask.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:18 am
Post Re: reaching out
Seen Henry a couple of years ago... last heard, he was working in Winnipeg. He may be in the book, try 411

M

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]