View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ms. Kawahara 
Post Ms. Kawahara
I am looking for Ms. Kawahara, my 4th grade teacher at Baden Intermediate School in 1973. Anyone who had her as a teacher may remember that she wrote a single word on the chalkboard on the first day of school..."INTEGRITY". That always stuck with me (and was reinforced by my Dad's firm hand) and has served me well in the subsequent 30 years. Yesterday I was teaching the concept of integrity to my 5 year-old daughter and I thought of Ms. Kawahara. I often wonder if teachers realize the long-lasting lifetime impact they have on young minds and I felt compelled to pass this along to her. Anyone having any information would be greatly appreciated!

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:59 pm
Post Re: Ms. Kawahara
I remember Ms. Kawahara as well, though not for the integrity bit, but she had a poster on the classroom wall that said "Sleep tight ten hours tonight". I do not know why that stuck so well, but it did. I think she taught me in grade four in 1974-75. I will dig around and see if I can find anything on the net and add a further post if I find anything interesting.

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:28 pm
I had Ms. Kawahara 72-73 and she was a great teacher. I think she may have been from Thunder Bay. I too would be interested in knowing where she is now.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:17 pm
I had her for grade 4, first teacher in Baden, 1972-1973. Still have fond memories of her, was a great teacher. Keep us informed if anyone can find her!

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]