View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Committee on Citizenship and Immigration 
Post Committee on Citizenship and Immigration
I have been invited to go to Ottawa and I have accepted. Here is the invitation;
On behalf of the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration, I would like to invite you to appear before the committee on Monday, February 19, 2007, from 11am to 1pm, regarding its study on the Loss of Canadian Citizenship.

If any of you have something you want me to say then please email me at <A HREF="mailto:christina2031@shaw.ca">christina2031@shaw.ca</A>. However, please note, I keep it simple, I don't bash the government and only seek quick efficient resolution and will only address those issues pertaining to military children born overseas and those civilians children born overseas who were registered as Canadians with the form RBA C15(Registration of Birth Abroad ) or the military DND419. There are other scenarios and whilst I agree they are sad they are not mine or yours and we need to keep our situation as simple and as uncluttered as possible. Christine

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:16 pm
Post Re: Committee on Citizenship and Immigra
Dear Overseas- Soldiers Child-- what we refer to in the states (US) as an "ARMY BRAT"....

I am not a Canadian Citizen, however I know a similar story about a father that is US-- that left a child overseas... to a french national... the child made it to US shores... only to discover that US citizenship... by blood is not honored... if paperwork was not handled before 18th birthday.... for a child that learns of parentage after the 18th birthday...no recourse exists, no DNA test (even with Native Blood) can give back what was stolen...NATIONAL ID...further no proof after the fact ( once blood American citizen is found -will confer the citizenship back... this is wrong and an international problem...SOLDIERS leave their children devoid a NATION.. and the child is stripped of the right to be a citizen..... through no fault... WHAT CAN WE DO?
Prelaw...and concerned...good luck at your meeting---

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:04 am
Post Re: Committee on Citizenship and Immigra
My daughter was born in 1974 at Lahr and was registered as a child of a civilian teacher working for dnd. She does have a Canadian passport, but is living for an extended period in th UK. Does she have a citizenship problem?

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]